• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you have a Gravis Gamepad Pro + Win. XP!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I've had this controller for 2 years. I couldn't get it to work in Win. 98 SE and I still can't get it to work with Win. XP!! I installed all new drivers for my sound card (game port) and have the latest drivers for the controller. Every thing installs fine and runs perfect until I restart then In game controllers it says not connected. In device manager it recognizes gravis gamepad pro and says it's installed properly. I read that if in device manager under The Input/Output range of the game port it should be 0201-0201 or 0200-0207.
If it is not set to one of these ranges I should uncheck "Use Automatic Settings".
Highlight Input/Output Range and click "Change Setting".
Change the setting to 0201-0201 or 0200-0207 . Well its not but I don't have the option to change the I/O settings (not even in safe mode) if some one can explain how to do this I'd appreciate it. Or if you are using this controller with Win. XP with no problems please let me know what I am or am not doing right.

I have the Gamepad Pro. Have you tried unpluging it then pluging it back in after you restart the computer. It has done that to me too. If says not connected, all I have to do is pull it out then in, refresh the screen and XP/98(dual boot) see it fine.

T'wolves said:
I have the Gamepad Pro. Have you tried unpluging it then pluging it back in after you restart the computer. It has done that to me too. If says not connected, all I have to do is pull it out then in, refresh the screen and XP/98(dual boot) see it fine.
I've tried just repluging it in but it seems like it only works if reinstall the drivers first. Do you have the USB or gameport version? I just bought the usb version to see if that works but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

i have a gravis gamepad...i will attempt this and check back with you guys...

mine wont even detect if its connected...

I have the gameport version. Look on the back too, mine is set to GrIP mode. I also have a SB live! value and the newest drivers for the SB and Xperience drivers. To tell you the truth this actually my second game pad. the first one quit working all together and nothing, absolutly nothing helped, so I bought a new one. I wonder if it could be the card or port.

T'wolves, mine is set to Grip mode and I also have all the latest drivers... After I found this http://gravis.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...X5hbnl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li= I contacted Gravis support and they are sending me out another one. Even though I just bought a USB version (which works great) ..well it wont hurt to have two..If you still have your broken controller I would contact them as well. They warranty there controllers for Three years..

funnyperson1, let us know how you make out...:)

Last edited:
never mind it seems to be a problem with my gameport...it doesnt see my Logitech wingman either....

Funny I come across I this post..I have a Gravis Exterminator that was given to me by my uncle..it never worked properly for me either. I have XP now so maybe I will giver her another try(roomies son got a logi wingman..so that kinda rules the roost now)

Back