• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you use Mutt ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
Does anyone use the mail client Mutt if so why ?.. how is your email setup and do you use PGP ?

OP
UnseenMenace

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
why do you use it, what features does ithave which makes its use desirable for you

XWRed1

I use it cause its simple really. Don't want to bother with outlook. No fantastic features as far as I'm concerned, but it looks like you can go real in-depth with the config. All I really do with my email is read and send it, so thats all I really need.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
mail

My kmail developed a serious atitude problem so I started using mutt until I had the time to fix it. I've also used pine in a college unix course.

Cúchulainn

I've been using mutt for several years now and for my purposes it can't be beat. It's highly configurable - highlighting, keystrokes, integration with external commands, e.g. razor, etc. For someone like myself that prefers vim to an IDE for development, no mouse is a plus. It's also fast and has a small footprint, allowing it to run virtually the same over ssh as it does locally. Frankly I find email increasingly tedious and certainly don't want to devote an OS-sized reader to handling it. Mutt really is the cadillac of minimalist mail clients :p

As for email setup, I run my own mail server (postfix), use procmail for various filtering, razor-agents and spamassasin for spam, and fetchmail for external pop3 retrieval. I don't currently bother with pgp though I have in the past.