• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Abit Serielle 2 sata adapter work on the P4C800E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc_newbee

Hi,

Has anyone ever use the Abit serielle 2 serial ata adapter to work with the P4C800 series of the Intergrated Intel Raid. I just switch over from IC7 to EPox 4PCA3+ and now to the P4C800E-Deluxe. I have both the IC7 series and the EPox working with the Serielle 2 adapter to run raid on the ICH5R Raid 0. I tried to set it up on my P4C800E and it wouldn't recognize it at all nor did the Intel ICH5R Raid bios ever show up when booting as a selection to set up the Array. I tried it on the Promise controller and it work but not on the ICH5R Sata1 and 2.

In the bios I try to enable the Intel Raid function by going by the manual but it seem like I'm still missing something here and that the Intel Raid bios is not showing up when booting, or just this Abit Serielle 2 Kit Sata adaptor doesn't work for the ICH5R on the P4C800 series. That adaptor work on both of my IC7 & Epox board that I have running on the ICH5R raid controller.

Here's what I enable in the bios according to the manual. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Intel raid.JPG
    Intel raid.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Vflux

I think you have to reinstall winxp and choose the raid option, load the raid drivers and proceed on winxp install......

I might have to "BUMP" this one for you!!!!

B.O.L.
Vflux

OP
O

oc_newbee

Vflux said:
I think you have to reinstall winxp and choose the raid option, load the raid drivers and proceed on winxp install......

I might have to "BUMP" this one for you!!!!

B.O.L.
Vflux

Hey thanks for the input. I cannot reinstall winxp and choose the raid option, I need to have the raid enable first in the bios and then set up my Array in the Intel Raid Rom bios and then install winxp.

My thing is that I enable the way the manual is saying(above) and that I have both of my drive connected to the SATA 1 & 2(ICH5R raid) using the Abit serielle 2 kit adaptor. The bios never recognizes it and the Intel Raid bios never appear so that I can go in and set up my Array.

I guess maybe the ICH5R Raid on the P4C800 series is not compatible with the Abit Serielle 2 Kit. Strange I have it working on both the IC7 & 4PCA3+ ICH5R Raid and Highpoint Raid and now this Promise Raid, all has been working great accept ONLY the ICH5R on the P4C800E.

Please post if any have got the Abit serielle 2 kit to work with the ICH5R Raid on the P4C800 series.

meionm

if you have manual check out pages 2-25 and 4-20 promise controller, might help

OP
O

oc_newbee

meionm said:
if you have manual check out pages 2-25 and 4-20 promise controller, might help

I have it set up as Raid 0 through the promise controller right now. The reason why I want to use the Intel ICH5R raid is because this promise controller bios is so slow in detecting the hardware when booting up(It take like a minute or two to boot up). I also heard that the ICH5R Raid is faster than the Promise Raid, so I heard.

ukdan

oc_newbee said:
I have it set up as Raid 0 through the promise controller right now. The reason why I want to use the Intel ICH5R raid is because this promise controller bios is so slow in detecting the hardware when booting up(It take like a minute or two to boot up). I also heard that the ICH5R Raid is faster than the Promise Raid, so I heard.
Is this true? would we see better performance on the intel ICH5R raid than the promise raid?

Tebore

ukdan said:
Is this true? would we see better performance on the intel ICH5R raid than the promise raid?

It has been proven the ICHR5 is faster than any 3rd chip. The reason is because the Intel chipset has native SATA Support which bypasses the PCI bus bottle neck.