• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone have this case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dris

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=120199&Product_Code=8139

its the Lian Li PC-6083A

i see it has 2 front 80mm fans slots and 1 in the back and 1 on top

i was wondering if there is enough room in the back to put a 80mm fan right under the hole they have there. i see in their server cases or full towers that they have 2 fans in the back and it looks like in some pics i've seen that you could fit another fan in the back in the mid towers.

my plans are to make a duct, and add a side panel fan over the agp, and add a fan to the back if possible.

Daegon

Lian Li is typically a very good case manufacturer, sometimes they are a little flimsy compared to steel cases, but its generally safe to assume that it will not disapoint.

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/Lian_Li_PC-6083/

concerning fan placement:its generally a good idea to have equilibrium or positive flow in your case. meaning having more incoming airflow then outgoing. i seriously doubt there will be room to add a second outflowing fan in the back. but i would suggest looking at other sites to see if you can find a picture. that's probably your best bet.
three low flow fans going in (front, side) and three blowing out (top, back, power supply) should get you where you want to be, (unless you're filliing it with incandecent lightbulbs, then you're better off without the side at all.)

OP
D

dris

yes, but i want to have more exhaust then intake, becuase with the duct i want all the other fans trying to pull air in from the duct (negative pressure) rather then trying to push air out of the duct. (positive pressure) so to do that i was planning on 2 fans in the front 1 on the side (intake) and 2 in the back, 1 on top, 1 psu (exhaust).

another solution i am thinking about is to use the fan controller it has hiddin under the front panel and put it on low or medium with the 2 front fans connected to it. and i have a fan controller that will be controlling the cpu fan, side intake, rear ehaust, top exhaust.