• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone turn their speaker off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have all of my speakers connected up to a power strip so i can cut them all off when i'm not using them. otherwise i get a deafening pop when windows boots.

Well owning a pair of Klipsch 4.1's , the manuel says to turn them off when not in "use" for long periods . So..... I turn mine off when the PC is not in use for more than a day or two .
My older altec speakers manuel says to do the same . ;)

Last edited:
oops , forgot .......

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS "secretweapon"

:D :D :D

I turn them off so my amp doesn't heat up or anything (and to save a lil power), also since I leave my music playing people don't like it if I leave it on.

I have my speakers off all the time because I use my headphones to listen to music. They're pretty good headphones, so that's why I use them....they're not the $100+ kind, but they're still really nice.

I rarely have my speakers on because I have 2 roommates, lol. That, and to save power.....I try to power down as much as possible when I leave my computer for an extended period of time....though I usually leave the tower itself on.

9mmCensor said:
I turn mine off only when I got to bed because my logetech z340's have the worlds britest blue LED in them. any light annoys me.

yea me z680's control panel thingy is super bright blue, i cant sleep with them on, i need perfect darkness.

Falcon-K said:
i turn my monitor and speakers off everytime i leave my computer for more than 10 min.

Same here, usully when is late I turn them off while surfing the net. saveing energy is always good :)

Falcon-K said:
i turn my monitor and speakers off everytime i leave my computer for more than 10 min.

Yeah same. I have one of those power center things, so in one fell swoop I turn off both monitors and my speakers

9mmCensor said:
I turn mine off only when I got to bed because my logetech z340's have the worlds britest blue LED in them. any light annoys me.

Wow, you should try spending the summer in the north of Norway, daylight 24h.

I turn off(standby) my amp. in the night's cuz... well... I turn off almost everything when i go to bed...

I only turn my speakers off when i'm benchmarking, since it doesn't require any sound. other than that, their on most of the time

9mmCensor said:
Same with my Z640s :D I can stand a bit of light (I just turn away from my case), but that LED is too bright to ignore.

Speakers are switched off every night before bed, and monitor whenever I remember (which is at least before bed, and mabey once or twice more durring the day).
JigPu

Back