• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does it make a difference/what config will OC better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

I am looking for the best possiblity for overclocking RDRAM. I know that Samsung is the best brand and that the best RDRAM to OC is double sided RIMMs. I also read that the lower density RIMMs are better at OCing (Don't remember if I read it right or not, it was a while ago), so which would offer the best chance of getting my memory up to PC1066?

4x 128MB RIMMs or 2x 256MB RIMMs

Consider only memory, I already know about the DRCGs and stuff, but say I get a motherboard with a good DRCG, then which config would give me my best chance of reaching PC1066? Thanks.

The less ram sticks you have, the better. It'll be easier for them to sync. That's why when you see outrageously overclocked systems they'll probably never have more than 512MB of ram.

That being said, w/ 4 sticks the best I can get(so far) is 118FSB. I'm sure w/ 2 sticks you can go much higher.

Back