• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does NF7-S 2.0 measure high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

my temp is at like 49C after runing 3dmark2001 just once! just wondering is the NF7-S 2.0 measures high? if so, how high?

thanks alot, bye.

ps. im using the hardware doctor that came with the abit motherboard cd

i really dont want to flash the bios atm, mainly cuz i dont know how to, but also it's overclocking fine, no probs with this board...

can any1 please just tell me if this board measures high?

i have a v2.0 of this board

arnoldma said:
i really dont want to flash the bios atm, mainly cuz i dont know how to, but also it's overclocking fine, no probs with this board...

can any1 please just tell me if this board measures high?

i have a v2.0 of this board

he just told you it does and that this bios fixes the problem...what else do you want to hear?

just conformation i guess, is it only the VERY LATEST bios fix it or any others?

thnx, bye.

arnoldma said:
just conformation i guess, is it only the VERY LATEST bios fix it or any others?

thnx, bye.

yes and no

it is a beta bios, thus some people are having problems with it.

I say you just wait till the final batch, especially since you've never flashed before (although it's very easy)

I gave you the direct link to the beta bios.

Why don't you just go to the Abit site and read the how to instructions and the FAQs.

It's not with out any risk at all but it's very unlikely you'll have any problems if you follow Abit's directions. Buy the NF7-S rescue bios kit from ExcaliberPC and you'll have no worries.

alrighty yo here we go arnoldma.......

This here is a linky to the site where you get yourself the latest stable bios for the revision 2.0 abit nf7 and nf7-s boards:D

LINKY!

now here is a link to the abit flah menu...a windows based flash utility......all's ya gata do is download the 1.2 bios.....or wait till the next stable bios is released...select download...then double click on the *.exe file it gives you..this will extract into many different files....now run this flash menu utility and slect update from file....go to the folder where the bios is located...there it will only allow you to select the one bios file that will work.........then flash the bios :D

here is linky to the flash menu utility.....

LINKY!

...I made a backup of my old bios but I did not ever use it so I wouldn't worry...this worked GREAT! for me easy rebooted and SHABANG! it worked :D...just make sure not to power off your pc(make sure it isn't raining etc... also)....this is as easy as 1, 2 ,3....good luck( though I doubt you will need it):D

Last edited:
whoops....hehe tried to get cute and make them colorfull but forgot to make em linkies....gunna go back and edit em :D

Temps too low with the new BIOS??

I installed the beta bios earlier today. So far it seems great, no problems.

My temps dropped literally 10°C and I'm wondering about the accuracy now. With the old bios it did seem to report stuff high but now it might be too low, what do you guys think?

Also it seems the voltage regulation is a bit better. With the previous bios when I set the Vcore to around 1.8 it would not POST, and voltages jumped all over the place. Now it POSTs fine and Vcore is stabilized.

do i need to back up my hard drive or anything to flash bios using that "ABIT FlashMenu"? also load up the default settings, as in none overclocked settings?

ok just download the 1.4 beta bios, and tried to run it with ABIT FlashMenu, but it doesn't have a .BIN file to run it with :/

any1 know if thats meant to happen? or do i have a dodgy copy?

hmm, did actually read what i said??

i downloaded the beta 1.4 bios, but it doesn't have a .BIN file, so i cant use "ABIT FlashMenu", its a bios update program...

If you are running windows XP:

1. Download the 1.4 beta file (should be a zip file)
2. Unzip the file and you should have extracted 5 files.
3. Place a floppy in the floppy drive
4. Under my computer, right click on your ploppy drive and select format
5. Check "Create an MS-DOS startup disk" and click on start
6. Once finished, copy the 5 files you extracted into the floppy.
7. Go into the bios and select boot from floppy as the first one
8. insert the floppy and boot up
9. Once it boots , from DOS, type RUNME and press enter
10. Flashing will start, just follow the prompts.
11. When finished it will start to reboot, at this point shut down the system and pull out the power cord and the floppy.
12. reset the cmos (change the jumper for about a minute and then return it)
13. Put the cord back in and reboot, then go into bios and check your temps and return your settings

Hope this helps, good luck!

Back