• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does such a PSU even exist?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludivous_Kain

Looking for a Redundant Power Supply with EPS12V, as well as an AUX plug that is compatable with the Intel Server board SE7505VB2. Intel said that their motherboard AUX connector is ONLY compatable with their chassis, but none of them have a redundant PSU. Funny thing though, the AUX power line is only required if you're using a redundant PSU.

So far, I've been unable to locate any redundant PSU that has the apropriate AUX conection. If you don't know what it looks like, Intel has pictures of their server mobos on their website.

Bulwark

I haven't really looked much into it, but I know Antec sells redundant PSUs, HAve you checked them out?

OP
Ludivous_Kain

Ludivous_Kain

I checked Antec, and all the redundant PSUs they have are ATX2.03, rather than EPS12v... And, as for the Fortron ones on NewEgg, they're all normal PSUs, not redundant power supplys... Thanks for the help advice... I think I'll just have to break the bad news to my client. That they simply do not make the right redundant power supply, but that they'll be fine as long as they use a battery backup.

Bulwark

I'm not too familiar with PSUs but is there some sort of converter you can get that'll convert ATX2.03 to EPS12V?

OP
Ludivous_Kain

Ludivous_Kain

Oklahoma Wolf said:
Found something of the sort at Channel Well USA - not sure if it meets your requirements or not:
http://www.cwtusa.com/product/redundant/q-3v/q3v.htm

You'd probably have to email them to find out where to get one though.

Those would be perfect, if they were 460x460, instead of 460x460x460.... Right now, my main concern is damaging the mobo... When I plug in the main power to the mobo (not the 12v vcore) there are four extra holes that the ATX2.03 connector misses. It still fits in smoothly, but there are the four empty holes. If they're "technically" not needed to run a dual proc server mobo with one proc, then I can hold off on the redundant psu for a while.