• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does such a radiator as this exist?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Derodeo

Registered
Ideal radiator for me would be something shaped similar to the Swiftech RAD676 but smaller - about 7" x 4" so it could be adequately cooled by two 80mm fans mounted on the inside of the case (the radiator would be on the outside of the case attached with a gasket).

Does anyone make a beast like this? What size are the automotive heatercores I see mentioned here? Thanks.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
There's the Black Ice Micro that's made to fit a single 80mm fan. Doubling up may work well (in series), but they're $40 apiece. :p

juliendogg

wannaoc said:
This is one I have been looking at because I need similar to you. I haven't had much feedback about it except 2 people talking about the company but it doesn't seem bad to me. Heres the link...http://www.sysfx.net/cgi-bin/cart.e...&sub=Heat Exchangers&pro=Radiators&sku=EX-430

man that looks awesome but $65???? i got my heatercore @ napa for like $12! shop discount but still, that's a huge difference. i have a friend @ napa so not only do i get a discount, i was able to go in the back and dig through boxes till i found a heatercore about the size i wanted. sometimes they may let you do this at any parts store if you ask very very nicely. lol. myheatercore is fairly huge though, i wanted the largest i could fit, i'll say it's about 6x7 1/2". works well, a bit too small for 2 120's though, and a bit too large for 2 80's. i've got one 120 mounted on it, pulling air up out of the case and through it, works very well so long as i keep the case temps low enough. :D

my point is, if you look hard enough, you can find a heatercore to fit your size requierments without spending alot of jack!

good luck!

J.

OP
D

Derodeo

Registered
wannaoc said:
This is one I have been looking at because I need similar to you. I haven't had much feedback about it except 2 people talking about the company but it doesn't seem bad to me. Heres the link...http://www.sysfx.net/cgi-bin/cart.e...&sub=Heat Exchangers&pro=Radiators&sku=EX-430

Ohh, that's very close to want I want, thanks.It is expensive all right and if I have to get it from the States (I'm in Canada) that price will easily double. Still it's nice to know it exists.

OP
D

Derodeo

Registered
Tuan209 said:
there is a blk ice micro 2 coming out. meets your requirements.

Thanks.It's the exact size needed (191x85x50mm). It looks like it's available in Europe now. I hope there's a resale market for the Swiftech radiator I just ordered as part of a kit :(

Tuan209

Registered
coolio! im ordering mine from chill-tek. They ship to the US. gotta get it since im on summer vacation. now im just waiting for the dtek WW block.

OP
D

Derodeo

Registered
Only information I've found has been on European (foreign language) webstore sites. Hopefully it will be available in North America before too long. Although it's not even available at Chill-Tek yet. It's downright strange that a radiator to fit the very common double 80mm fan layout hasn't been designed well before now.