• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this Dell laptop seem like a good deal ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just started looking and two things are not to my favor.
1) 11th gen intel. With limited knowledge, I greatly prefer 10th gen. I've purchased a few 10th gen for clients and they are awesome for battery life when not under full load and have great power when they are under full load.
2) 256 GB main drive. Seems small to me but it may be fine for her needs.
Reading on I would have question over:
3) 8GB RAM shared with graphics. Many will say that this is fine and it may be.
4) 4-cell 54WHr battery. Depending on her expectation for battery life, this may be fine or even great. It's something that I would ask a sales rep about in terms of hours of use.
5) I may be blind but I didn't see the size of the screen. I've found that people like to work on 15.6" screens but they like to carry 14" screens. Depending on how she intends to use it keep this in mind.

The price is on par for the gear that it has.

The problem was solved when she said she would keep hers for now and research what she wants. She specifically is looking for a touchscreen and a foldable and if possible USB-C charging. Same thing I required in my Pixelbook.

Thanks Gents.

Tell her to look at BestBuy. They actually have some good deals on notebooks. I saw a Lenovo this morning that might meet those needs. It was foldable & had touch anyway, not sure about the USB C charger. It did have USB C for accessories.

Back