• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does this look like a built by ati radeon 8500 128mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

its under the powered by ati category but it has bga ram and only s-video, which is what the built by ati one has. also it says color box,which i am assuming means a retail box. can anyone confirm that this is built by ati?

SemiCycle

Yes, do give a link. The card you are describing sounds like a built by ati card, but you can never be sure. A manufacture may have simply switched to bga memory because that was more readily available at the time.

funnyperson1

avoid buyaib.com their reseller rating is horrendous, i made the mistake of ordering fromt there once and it took 2-3weeks for my order to come in....newegg has a built by ati 8500LE 128 for aroun 100$...that should be better :)

SemiCycle

funnyperson1 said:
avoid buyaib.com their reseller rating is horrendous, i made the mistake of ordering fromt there once and it took 2-3weeks for my order to come in....newegg has a built by ati 8500LE 128 for aroun 100$...that should be better :)

Ditto, don't buy the card from them.

The card looks like a real built by ATI card, but the tag at the top of the page says Powered by ATI. Then in the description, it says built by ati. They seem too confused to me. Heck, it may not even be the real picture of the card they are selling.

funnyperson1

sorry they had them when i bought my 64mb built by ati, they do have a saphire for 93$ though

Henry Rollins II

The logo says "powered by". The picture of the card also shows that it doesnt have dual head, I have never seen an 8500 without dual monitor outputs before. Nor does it say GPU or RAM speed.

I think its an LE version.

OP
drewthomas14

drewthomas14

i might get since it is built by ati, and its the regular 8500 not the 8500le and this a cheap price on one.
edit:i have been looking for a while now and cant find a built by ati radeon 8500le or regular 128mb retail card

Last edited: