• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this system look good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

Hey guys,
I am planning on placing this order within the next week or so from newegg.. Tell me if you see anything wrong, anything I need different. Thanks.

Thermaltake (BLUE), Voice Controlled, Cold Cathode Fluorescence Lamp (CCFL).

Thermaltake Xaser III V1420A Chassis, 12-Bay, ( BLACK ), ATX Super Tower. Aluminum Front Panel and 1.0mm SECC Japan Steel Body.

Lite On 52x24x52 Black CDRW Model LTR-52246 OEM

PIONEER INTERNAL ATAPI (Black Bezel) DVD-RECORDABLE MODEL DVR-105BK-OEM, BARE DRIVE ONLY

Arctic Silver 3. 3-gram( 1 cc. ) tube

VANTEC AeroFlow VP4-C7040. For Intel P4 478. Retail.

MITSUMI D359M3 BLACK FDD 1.44MB 3.5INCH - OEM

WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 120GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL # WD1200JB - OEM, DRIVE ONLY

2x CORSAIR 512MB PC3200 VALUE SELECT. VS512MB400 DDR RAM - OEM

ASUS Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 / Celeron Processors, 800Mhz FSB Model# P4C800 DELUXE Retail w/ ASUS AI Features

Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL

Creative Lab Sound Blaster 16 PCI Sound Card (To swap with the one in my dell, a turtle beach santa cruz.)

JBL CREATURE SPEAKERS SILVER COLOR -anyone had any problems with 'em? they look nice ;)

Also, I am looking to get some round IDE and floppy cables, any suggestions of what color would look cool in this case? Maybe I should just get black.. Any other suggestions, let me know!

OP
J

Joshh100

I have my ti4200 that I bought pretty recently.. thats what Im going to use.. Maybe for the holidays I will ask my parents for a radeon 9800 :)

OP
J

Joshh100

Please guys, I need some more input, 1200 is a lot to spend and I want to make sure I am getting everything right!

Freezermug

If you can, get the Asus P4C800-E DELUXE notice the -E in the version. This board is better then the one you listed.

It has ICH5R vs ICH5 and also has the better Intel CSA gig Lan instead of the 3com.

OP
J

Joshh100

Thanks guys.. Gonna order it some time next week.. Hopefully it will all go together smoothe as I have never built one before. Only thing I am a bit worried about is thermal paste. Do you put the processor on the motherboard and then spread the paste on it and the heatsink?