• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Xmas Effect The Teams Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sean uk

Hi All

I Was just going around my industrial estate wishing everybody a merry christmas before they all shut for christmas
as i was chatting i realised the computers are going off now untill the 5th jan
that means my 2 borgs will be down for over 2 weeks which is over half my production

i was wondering how many other's have this prob and does it really effect the teams performance:-?

A Merry Christmas And Prosperous New Year To All

sean uk

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Most likely it will, but I would bet for all teams as well. Lots of schools make you shut down as some actually cut power to the dorms (I think). Companies may also shut down for a few days. Me however, I will be plowing on through the holidays as I slow down for no one! I will be out of town for a week (26th - 2nd) but will leave all rigs fired up as usual and pray none go down.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
<--also slows down for no one; has local or remote access to 90% of borged machines 24/7/365

David

Forums Super Moderator
My duallie is at my Uni flat and still folding. My laptop is at home. And folding :D.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Blueacid said:
Don't forget that the cold lets you boost your OC, so let's soften the blow lol :D

Except its summer now in Australia which gives us and [H] a better chance to pass OCAU :p

Cuda

I can't take it. That avatars killing me! My stomach is cramping! If I can quit laughing long enough, I should have a small farm up by Christmas!

DAGO

Curmudgeon
Folding straight on thru the Holidays...
No Jolly Old Elf and Eight Tiny Reindeer will stop my lacklustre performance, lemme assure you...
My impossibly slow Athlon 1.4 stops for no one...

Ho ho ho...:santa:

Quailane

All my comps folding are in either my mom's or my dad's house, so I keep a watch on them to make sure they stay on 24/7.

Mustanley

I'll make a quick pass through all our offices before leaving Tuesday afternoon. Gotta make sure no one *accidently* shuts down. Plus I'll be adding an OC'd 2500+ this week now that my parents are getting DSL.

epauls

Bah Humbug!!

Yes, the holidays are and will effect mine. I have some school borg that is shut down for the holidays. That's 2 weeks!!