• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D'OH! Did it again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
Well, after spending all night backing up, cleaning the system, low level format on the harddrive, etc...

...I just realized this morning the one thing I forgot to back up. My "Favorites" list for IE. :rolleyes:

i ALWAYS forget to back those buggers up.

i'll get online for the first time with the new installation, click favorites, and then that dawning moment of comprehension is just overpowering.

ok, so the favorites aren't THAT important, but its a pain when you have to retrieve all of them and re-add them. good luck finding all of them again!

jeff

I lost a huge list one time. very annoying.

more annoying was 1000 email messages lost with an hd crash. that really annoyed me.

Yeah I hate those little things... My worst one was ICQ contacts... lost em all. I had like 100+, some people from way back.. now I will never get em back.. heck I dont even have ICQ anymore lol

T20 said:
Yeah I hate those little things... My worst one was ICQ contacts... lost em all. I had like 100+, some people from way back.. now I will never get em back.. heck I dont even have ICQ anymore lol

Don't know when the last time you uesd ICQ was but that was around the 98-2000 time and now they store it on a server so you can grab it directly from there.

Hmmm... I always format to backup my brother's documents however, there's only one site in my favourite right now: OC-Forums.com/vb/ :D

that's nothing........I backed everything up on my system to a folder on my desktop. Took me about an hour and a half to thoroughly check that I had EVERYTHING I wanted to keep.

I installed my new RAID 5 card, installed XP, ran the patches and updates then realized..........I forgot to move the backup folder to another machine. :rolleyes:

that's ok. I was installing linux last week, when I realized that I just installed it, not on my 4 gig drive like I wanted, but on my 40 gig drive. Effectivly wiping out 10-15 gigs of data that I had been keeping for years through various systems... damn I anit getting that back....

Back