• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Domain Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Once again, my Dad has issues with his corporate network and once again, the help desk people pretty much have no idea whats wrong. This morning, he tried to logon and it wanted him to change his password (it prompts him for a password change every 60 days or so, so he changes it), but for some reason he rebooted the computer. When it restarted he tried to logon again and he got an error saying something about the "domain" being locked. He thought it had to do with his password, so he had the help desk reset his password to his previous password. Then he restarted and keeps getting the same domain is locked error. He can logon to the computer through other domains, but not the one he needs to logon to for his work stuff. Any ideas? Even if the fix requires him to be logged on as Administrator of the Domain, let me know, he can have the help desk guy do it.

Matt

TimDgsr

can you get the exact "locked" message?

by the way, can his help desk not forward him on to the next level of support? what did they tell him when he couldn't log in? i'm just curious to find out what companies will consider acceptable help desk answers for when they can't solve the issue and how they go about fixing it.

OP
mdcomp

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
TimDgsr said:
can you get the exact "locked" message?

by the way, can his help desk not forward him on to the next level of support? what did they tell him when he couldn't log in? i'm just curious to find out what companies will consider acceptable help desk answers for when they can't solve the issue and how they go about fixing it.

They forwarded his ticket to the next level, yes, but its been all day since he last spoke with someone, so he asked me to ask you guys. They said, "The network is probably down"...eh, BS! lol.

I will ask him for the exact message.

Matt

OP
mdcomp

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
mdcomp said:
They forwarded his ticket to the next level, yes, but its been all day since he last spoke with someone, so he asked me to ask you guys. They said, "The network is probably down"...eh, BS! lol.

I will ask him for the exact message.

Matt

Just spoke to my Dad. The next level support guy finally called him up and new in a second how to fix it. He is all back and running now. Thanks.

Matt

OP
mdcomp

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
CheeseMan said:
nice site man

Thanks. You are reffering to the one in my profile, right?
If not, I am really confused.

Matt