• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't forget to plug in your pump!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniperboy

I forgot to plug in my pump today. That was a bad choice, as windows froze on me and I just off the computer. Then, I spazzed out, touched my waterblock, and burned myself. I'm lucky I realized it in time! I'm never unplugging that thing again. :)

Edit:Oh yeah, my temps are magically 39c at load now :)

Eclypsyr

ouch, that sucks...but yeah, lucky you caught it in time....
ever considered wiring it into your PSU so you don't have to remember?
-Dae-

nebben

I wired mine up two ways:

I have an old AT power switch from an ooold case that is mounted in the back of the case that is hard wired into the 110v plug in the back of the PS. I used standard computer power connectors for it. The switch allows me to manually run the pump independently from the motherboard being in the box, or independently of the PS being turned on.

I also have a relay that is connected to a 12v fan lead from the motherboard. When testing, I realized I accidentally put two wires on backwards and blew the relay up. It is supposed to work so that whenever the 12v fan lead turns on (whenever the PC is turned on), it supplies 110v to the pump.

Someday I'll fix that.

Mostly foolproof, and nobody can accidentally turn my computer on without the pump being on no matter how hard they try.

-ben

DarkEdge

Registered
I lost an AMD cpu once that way. Since I switched over to an Intel cpu it has happend once. The alarm went off, it throttled down, and I simply didn't do anything until I plugged the pump back in and the temps returned to normal. :)

Gandalf

Sniperboy said:
I forgot to plug in my pump today. That was a bad choice, as windows froze on me and I just off the computer. Then, I spazzed out, touched my waterblock, and burned myself. I'm lucky I realized it in time! I'm never unplugging that thing again. :)

Edit:Oh yeah, my temps are magically 39c at load now :)

Guess who else did this! :rolleyes:

I lost my mobo, so my main rig has been down for about 3 weeks. :(

Milkman

I had my Computer and pumped plugged into the same powerstrip so if the strip is turned on the pump comes on also,but finally hooked up my relay,it is the only foolproof way to go,and was very easy to install,I got my from swiftech complete with directions.

mamer