• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dope Dell XPS 630i Case MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beret21

Registered
*I have never completed a case MOD before for my very own PC. Being a budget gamer whenever i had a lil extra money
i was putting it into performance upgrade. Now m pretty done with gaming so now it’s time to finally mod a case for myself.
M not a professional Modder i mean i have limited experience and tools. But i love the process.
Among all the cases i have ever seen or worked on i found the Dell XPS 710,730, 630 and 630i to be perfect for my taste appearance wise.
These are not that expensive and are very very solid beasts. A lil hard to find and shipping costs a lot due to their weight.
After years and years of searching in my local city i finally got it shipped from a different city.( Money was the main issue here :p)

Present*
This video is just an overview of what we are starting with.*

Some minor scratches a few lil broken parts but no dents.

Future
Part 2 The tear down: Everything apart
Part 3 The orientation: Making it right hand drive and non inverted. (I mean corrected the orientation, if i can of motherboard and stuff inside)
Part 4 The electronics: Making the RGB work with my mobo or some other way. Maybe a custom fan controller too
Part 5 The finalizing: Polishing and color theme.*

Now the part 2 is the real deal over here. Can’t move forward without it. The inverted MOBO and window on right side is a no go.

You HELP required.

Any idea how to install Alien FX lite on a non DELL/alien mobo. I have a gigabyte one. Its basically a software to control LEDs on the 630i. That i cant install it gives error that u need a del system :p

Update 2/6/2018

Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P2 : Taking Everything apart

Soooooooo many rivets & soooooooo many zip ties.
But it was fun.
The video is pretty detailed. So you might find it a bit boring but it will surely help in dismantling if u have one :)
Dont forget to like and share your thoughts.

Update

Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P3-half

Half of the work of part 3 is done. So sharing that on request :)
Part 3 is all about correcting motherboard tray orientation. But its not as simple as it sounds.
The next part of part 3 will be uploaded ASAP

Back