• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Down for now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConundrumLR

Registered
I was only gonna be down while I had family staying but last night my primary 980TI decided that 92 degrees celcius was a good temperature to idle at. I've got them switched around and working again but I'm hesitant to put either card under an appreciable load without constant supervision. I'll join again when I'm confident my computer isn't going to set itself on fire.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I was only gonna be down while I had family staying but last night my primary 980TI decided that 92 degrees celcius was a good temperature to idle at. I've got them switched around and working again but I'm hesitant to put either card under an appreciable load without constant supervision. I'll join again when I'm confident my computer isn't going to set itself on fire.

Don't you have any software that can run the fan at max speed to cool your GPU down? Like for EVGA they have Precision X. I have found that the fan on GPUs don't automatically spin up as temp goes up.
I set my fans on my GPUs to run at 30% at 30c to 100% at 45c+.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
On my folding GPUs, I just set the fans to run at a fixed speed (as they are folding 24/7) to keep the temperatures down.

OP
ConundrumLR

ConundrumLR

Registered
I've got it set to scale fairly aggressively to temp through Precision X. The fan on the card and the fan on the radiator were both at 100%. My computer sounded like it was ready for takeoff.

OP
ConundrumLR

ConundrumLR

Registered
Nah. Works fine on its own and as secondary. Support suggested a potential vram issue only present when the card is primary in SLI. Since everything works now it's a wait and see.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Here's to getting back in the fold when you can. Better safe than sorry. I'm happy that it seems to be under control for the moment.