• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon Age Origins Updates on New DLC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribblesnort

Dragon Age Origins

Expansion due 16 March 2010 called, Awakening, where you are put in the role of the Grey Warden in charge of restoring the order, and investigating why the dark spawn aren't dying off (remember that without the Arch Demon to drive them and give them purpose, they were supposed to fall into disarray and fight each other, leaving far less survivors than there are now)

Additionally, the DLC scheduled to be released yesterday has been delayed. Return to Ostegar was to delve into what happened at Ostegar that led to the Massacre of the Grey Wardens...no news on when it will be released

sobe

Unscathed Member
Im not too large a fan on RPG's, more RTS, but like Fallout 3, this impresses me.

And with the addition of Awakening I simply cannot wait for me.

Im making the actual purchase via Steam this coming weekend. See, torrenting can end in good for game companies if the game is good :p Dunno if I'm willing to "buy" all the DLCs though... bit ridiculous that Bioware wants you to buy every small DLC, regardless of how big or small.

iaacp

The only thing I'm not anticipating is the price. $40 is too much! What happened when expansions were $20 or $30? I wish it were that price across all platforms.

Hardin

$40 is ridiculous this is the same stunt that Infinity Ward pulled with mw2 and no one cares. $40 is $10 less than the full game, expansions have never been so expensive.

Roofles

You do realize that Awakening adds about 15 hours of gameplay right? I think that is worth $40 from me.

Although they haven't released the final price yet either, so it could come in at $30 like all the previous NWN2 expansions. But I don't remember the playtime that those added.

Zenoth

If they can include new light and medium armors as well as more varied equipment for Mages I will be happy, if not... I'm not sure, to me it looks like DAO's gear variety was either neglected or was purposefully made mostly for warrior style game-play lovers and high-strength characters.