• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drawing AIR from fridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This should be in extreme cooling.
A minifridge can't handle that.It isn't an air conditioner.A minifridge won't "burn out" either, as long as it has adequite cooling.Now if it did supply 0c air, you wouldn't get condensation as long as you don't have warm air mixing with the cold air entering your case.

a watercooling setup for around 70 bux:
water block: 30-50 (50 being the good ones)
tubing: $6
rad: 20 at auto zone(86 chevette heatercore)
pump 15-20 for viaaqua 1300
distilled water: .69

your setup would be around 76.69
if you shopped around you might be able to find it for cheaper.
if you go this route, go to the watercooling section and READ, READ, READ.

Take the computer, chuck the whole thing into a big freezer, o/c it to 4 ghz, then have fun until it starts to spark and burst into flames :)

Hmmmmm, anybody have an old 386/486? Hahahaha. Imagine one of those things doing 4ghz.......1000 degrees C.

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Take the computer, chuck the whole thing into a big freezer, o/c it to 4 ghz, then have fun until it starts to spark and burst into flames :)

Hmmmmm, anybody have an old 386/486? Hahahaha. Imagine one of those things doing 4ghz.......1000 degrees C.

i've always wanted to push my pentium 75 MHz chip to the extreme but my motherboard will not allow it to die! haha. i guess the hsf on it (yes it had one ;) ) was decent... i'm just morbid... hehe

i think im gonna go the $70 water cooling route. if i do it this cheeply, how low will it go?

the reason for this is because i simply cant understand the deal about the fridge. first you tell me i can't take air from the fridge, but i can put the thing in the fridge? then you say i can't because it will have too much condensation. then you say i can put it in a freezer. WHAT?!

most of them are just joking

i hope

in a freezer the condensation would be a big problem
the reason you cannot suck the air out of the fridge is because the fridge could not possibly cool all the air that you are pushing through it. you might get a couple degree drop for all that work.

watercooling is the way to go, but you must know what to get. hang out in the watercooling section for a couple weeks (or days) and just ask questions when they arise.

Most of them have no idea what they are talking about.By the way don't plan on using a minifridge as they can't handle a heatload.Older ones should do good though.

ib69u:You will not have condensation if you put your system inside of the refrigerator.Unless you open the door while it is cold, which is a big nono.

Back