• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED DRIVE BAY CIRCUT BOARDS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
csaz-2000-pic9b.jpg

I am using this case, see the little circuit boards behind the drive bays?
you plug a molex and sata cable into them they have a neat little light and you can plug a fan or another little light into them.
I have no idea on earth what they do, when I see them I only see a future failure point, another connection to go bad and having to use molex connectors not sata power cables.
I have owned this case for a few years and all those things work.
this case is getting a monster working rig put in it and the less garbage in it to start out with the better.
this case will be filled with ssd's in all the bays.
what do those little boards do?
can I just take the things out?
do they offer some kind of protection?

Last edited:
OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
using what little google-fu I have all I can find is that if you have a cooler master case, they have these and fail often.
the fix is to remove them and no harm is done so these are coming out and heading for the trash.

Waza

That looks like SuperFlower SF-2000. It is basicly the same as the Hurrican with some minor things done different like fan sizes and whatnot.
Those ciruit boards are indeed for hot swap bays. You can use the the bays on the front to easily add or remove HDDs.
They are fairly simple circuits that convert molex to sata power and allows for one 12V fan to be run from the 3 pin plug.
I don't see why you would want to remove them if they are not in your way but if they are you can just remove the two screws and pop them out.
There is no additional protection or anything like that built in to them.

You will have a problem fitting the the SSDs in there tho. If I recall correctly there are only two adapters included for the HDD holders.
There is quite a bit room in the back. Not a lot but enough to squeeze couple ssds there.

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have drive bay adaptors from 3.5 to 2.5 for each bay, each adaptor can mount 2 ssd's.