• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver conflicts. cant be cool and use OC bios.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N-Bandit

Well I flashed my BioS withthe Cheepoman one, and immediately started having issues. First it would not change ANYTHING if I changed the FSB via bios. after about 2 days it finally started working. then every time I powered off or even restarted Win XP would say it had recoverd from a serious problem and produce an error report. The reason? Driver conflict.

the only two changes I had made was the bios and swapping my SB Live 5.1 Digital card for an Audigy 2. I Downloaded the current drivers for the Audigy, but it didnt help. I re-installed the 5.1 Live card and re-flashed with the standard Bios and have not had any problems. I doubt that the Bios was my main problem, but it did have issues. I am back to using CPUFSB for my OC, and back to running my 1.33 at 1.48 stable and standard voltage and multiplier at 41C. gonna try the pin mod later ad see if I can burn out this chip. :) I never learn....

Mike

Back