• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drivers for linksys cable router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smoorman

I don't know what happened to my driver disk but the Linksys site does'nt offer them. I cannot send files in MS messenger or do any video conferencing. Got drivers or good ideas? Thanks.
Router is BESFR41.

Welcome to the Forums.

What you need to do is forward the ports for your router. I've not used linksys but many people here have and should be able to explain how to do this.

I'm not sure what u meant by drivers for your router, most don't need them. There are firmware updates here .

So can anyone explain how to forward the ports? It would be much appreciated.

smoorman said:
So can anyone explain how to forward the ports? It would be much appreciated.

I just now got this all sorted out for myself, so now I can offer help. =)

Go into your Router Setup page (Type in the IP 192.168.1.1 in your web browser of choice. The default password is "admin", no username). Go to "Advanced" and then the "Forwarding" tab.

For MSN Messenger, enter the information like it's shown below (Note that I have the latest firmware update, your settings may look slightly different, but all the same options are still there):

setup1.jpg

Note that your internal (LAN) IP may be different from mine. You can check your IP by going into the command prompt ("fake" DOS) and typing cmd <enter> then ipconfig <enter>. It will display your LAN IP. Enter the last 3 digits where "100" appears in the pic above. If that does not work for you, than try using 1863 in place of 13984.

Back