• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek C-System pumps rock!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

I got mine even though it says pre-order on the site, I am about 45mins from the store. The guts there are really nice. Anyways, when i first saw it in person, I was like wholy ****!!! its so small. Plugs into the mobo fan header, is dead slient, I can not hear the damn thing running. Setup includes Dtek white water lapped and cleaned alu top, c-system pump, Procore with 2 120mm fans in push pull 5-6volted. With a case temp of 36C and room temp of about 83-85F i am getting 48C Full load taking using folding@home for 45mins. Will check Idle temp before I goto bed. This is with my barton at 2.5GHZ 1.925volts :) Quite happy with thisa little pump. I take pics Tomarrow after work

I ordered the CSP X2 instead for added security of having two pumps as well as hopefully better performance. Like the option of being able to set it as a series or parallel. Mine should come next week sometimes.

my kit comes with adaptor to use power from the PSU but I wouldn't use the motherboard fan header though if it didn't. Pump may draw too much power from the board itself.

Well, MCP600 only draws about .8+ amps so it should be ok to plug two of those small pumps in provided you don't have fans plugged into the mobo. OF course, you might want to check specs first before doing so. =P
For example, Asus P4P800 can provide a total of 1A for the headers I think.

Asus p4p800 manual said:
The fan connectors support cooling fans of 350mA~740mA (8.8W max.) or a total of 1A~2.22A (26.8W max.) at +12V.

Read your manual if you'd like to know about your specific board...not a bad idea when moving in some higher powered devices...

Glad you like the pump. I nearly built one based on a 120mm fan. My 80mm fan one that I built to experiment with did a decent job, was tiny, and quiet (and all copper). I never did hook it up to my system though, as there's no way I'd expect it to pump from my basement heatercore to the computer on the desk above.

One more question though, you lapped the aluminum top of your waterblock? You are running a proper dosage of antifreeze, correct?...

Diggrr said:
Read your manual if you'd like to know about your specific board...not a bad idea when moving in some higher powered devices...

Glad you like the pump. I nearly built one based on a 120mm fan. My 80mm fan one that I built to experiment with did a decent job, was tiny, and quiet (and all copper). I never did hook it up to my system though, as there's no way I'd expect it to pump from my basement heatercore to the computer on the desk above.

One more question though, you lapped the aluminum top of your waterblock? You are running a proper dosage of antifreeze, correct?...
no no I lapped the base of the block, and I am just using distilled right now

yeah they do! I havent installed mine yet, I made a plastic cap for it so I can screw my pushfits all the way in without wrecking anodization. If only I could get the middle plate out I could make a peice for that and have no aluminum touching the water, I think it should be just fine, type III and all:)

When my parrents get back maybe Ill take some pictures.

Jon

Ok heh thank god! I thought i read someone saysing 3/8. I couldnt find the post so i started getting worried when i cant see the specs at D-Tek's site.

Damn i'm having a freakin ultra hard time deciding as to what to buy! I'm sittin here all damn day with a credit card by my side with the intentions of buying a new waterblock and pump and theres too many damn choices!

I need to replace my dying Hydor L30..

My system parts are:

DD Maze4.. soon to be tossed
DD maze 4 GPU block
Black ice Xtreme II Rad 4x 120mm 125CFM fans
Hydor L30 pump<--slow but sure death since its making freakin clinking noises like a wire hittin against a fan blade.

Now i've had the intentions of buying up a DD TDX block and another Hydor L30 till i started reading everything. :(

Pumps i've looked at:

Hydor L35 May not be enough for this system
DD12v-D4 DOnt really like runing a pump off the P/S
Blueline HD 20.. Way too large to fit!
D-Tek / C-Systems CSP X2 12v DC Pump.. Very nice and low power and tiny!

umm.. maybe i should start my own thread.. hehe

I would get the Dtek c-system. Just get one, and see if it can power eveything you need. The Pump moves quite a bit of water. My system is always only about 10C above ambient temps. My case temps are always 40C and processor is at 50C full load folding 2.5GHZ 12x200 1.85volts. But I can pump through 2volts and I still get about 51C full load. With case temp around 32C i can get about 42-43C Full load ;)

I have a pair of the CSP's and 3 maze 4 blocks running in series.Idle CPU temps have settled around 40C according to sandra and 32.7 from a temp monitor placed under the WB as close as I can get it. Under load it goes up about 3-4C and levels off. Room temp 73F.

I would get the Dtek c-system. Just get one, and see if it can power eveything you need. The Pump moves quite a bit of water. My system is always only about 10C above ambient temps. My case temps are always 40C and processor is at 50C full load folding 2.5GHZ 12x200 1.85volts. But I can pump through 2volts and I still get about 51C full load. With case temp around 32C i can get about 42-43C Full load

I'm curious, what waterblock and radiator are you using Vengeance_01? I'm trying to decide if one of these little pumps would have enough power to pump through a Swiftech6002 and a D-Tek heater core. My case temps don't get much higher than 28C, and low 40's on the cpu under full load would make me happy :)

Back