• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTEK Fuzion from dual core to quad core cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

I have two systems in my house. One for gaming one for a HTPC. The gaming rig is aging and has been water cooled for quite a while. The HTPC is newer. I would like to change out a few parts, but my question has to do with my cpu waterblock. I am running a DTEK Fuzion on my AMD Athlon X2 4400+ and I will be swapping that CPU with my other from the HTPC which is running a AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition Quad core. What will I need to do to the water block to make the switch? Will it fit straight out? Is there an adapter or something? Does anyone know?

Does your Fuzion not have the plate that does 462, 939 and AM2? I'm pretty sure that's the sockets that it takes care of. I think AM2 and AM3 have the same mounting, so you should be fine, as far as I can guess.

I'm not using one myself. To tell the truth, I don't even remember what nozzle I have installed on that block. I think it was one of the larger ones, since the PII is a big monolithic core.

Is a nozzle even needed for these blocks? I don't have one for mine. It's just straight barbs into the block.

Anyway, that insert kit is for the Fuzion V2, so I don't know how well it will work for the V1. Or if it even will for that matter.

well, my dtek fuzion is v1 and its been so long since i installed it, i don't remember if there is anything on the inside tbh.
  • PC1 watercooled gaming rig
  • ASUS A8N32SLI - nForce4
  • AMD X2 4400+
  • eVGA 9800GT+
  • win7
  • 4GB PC3200
  • PC2 aircooled HTPC
  • ASUS M4A79 Deluxe - 790FX
  • AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition
  • eVGA 9600GT
  • winXP
  • 4GB PC2-8500
I plan on putting the best components into my gaming rig and watercooling it. Basically swapping the motherboard, cpu, and ram from these two pc's.

Back