• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIZZ3

Overbrazil said:
Does anybody know how many watts this rad can handle ?
Thx []´s

The 'regular' core or the 'pro'? The Pro is advertised as being better. They seem to provide for a single 120mm fan only though. Does anyone actually know the actual heatercore models DTek uses here?

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Re: Re: Dtek Heatercore

FIZZ3 said:

The 'regular' core or the 'pro'? The Pro is advertised as being better. They seem to provide for a single 120mm fan only though. Does anyone actually know the actual heatercore models DTek uses here?
All the cores at dtek ARE THE SAME!!! The pro is just painted and has chrome barbs, the silver one is just painted otherwise, same thing.

OP
Overbrazil

Overbrazil

thanks evryone,
nikhsub1, I know you and dodge have good results with the springs. i have read the topic. I am using a Brazilian submerged pump (525 gph). Do you think using the tc4 withou the turbulation should give me a better result ? I personally think that the original turbulation restricts the flow..
Sorry my english.

FIZZ3

Re: Re: Re: Dtek Heatercore

nikhsub1 said:

All the cores at dtek ARE THE SAME!!! The pro is just painted and has chrome barbs, the silver one is just painted otherwise, same thing.
'
I'll be damned! I was looking at their stuff just yesterday and I was under the impression the Pro core was bigger. I took a second look now and you're right lol... they *are* all the same. Thanks for the heads up. =)

Ha no way I'd pay extra for paint (which may even lower the air/metal heat transfer!) or those 16USD shrouds.

But does anyone know which model this is? Camaro? I'm not really knowledgeable about american cars...

JML

My dtek heatercore should be coming in the mail today (got the combo w/ shroud, unpainted). :D I can't wait to get to home hehehe

safemode

the cfm you require to cool your heatercore is dependent on the temp of the air being used, temp of water, and the target temp you want the cpu to be at. It can easily take 70CFM from a 120mm fan to cool the same system that someone else only needs 30CFM to cool.

nikhsub1

Overbrazil said:
Thanks safemode, here in Brazil is very hot ( 40 C ) not in my room, but i think it is 32-34 C:mad:
Should this 530 gph pump (30 W) too much ??
With those warm ambient temps I think you would be better off with an inline pump. Can yours be run inline? Running yours submersed will take all 30W and put it into the system where if it was inline only a fraction of the heat would transfer to the water. Yes, i think you should remove the turbulators from the TC-4. The springs should work well for you.

OP
Overbrazil

Overbrazil

Thank you friend, but my pump cant run inline(pic). Here does not have eheim or via aqua, just maxi jet. The maxi jet can run in-line ?
my pump
hq7.jpg

reservoir
hq13.jpg

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 45

nikhsub1

Overbrazil said:
Thank you friend, but my pump cant run inline(pic). Here does not have eheim or via aqua, just maxi jet. The maxi jet can run in-line ?
I know tha maskedgeek runs his maxijet 1200 inline, you should PM him for details!

safemode

inline means you need to get rid of the same heat output via the air...usually this cannot be done as efficiently as letting water do it so your pump runs hotter. This means less life span. How much depends on how hot it runs. More than likely though, the heat it gives off is not very significant so it doesn't matter much either way. Running inline wont really change temps much in those kind of ambient temps. Also, running inline usually means you have to have the heatercore before the pump or in a separate air current or you end up heating the air you're trying to use to cool with. I really dont think it's going to make a difference in 90F temperatures.

OP
Overbrazil

Overbrazil

Thanks again safe, now i understood:p
But ANY submerged pump can be used in line ? I am asking this because the pump manual(yes it has) says that it has to be used submerged. But i dont see diferences betwenn these pump and a danner.
So i will quit this and use as sub pump.
thanks again