• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it says that it has to be used submerged, then that's what I would go with. You could try it inline, but no guarantees as to the lifespan of your pump. If you really want inline, replace the pump with a different model that you know can be run inline.

The D-tek heater core has nearly the same dimensions as the Chevy Chevette Heater Core. In fact I think it's for a Chevy Chevette.

Overbrazil, take the stock turbulators out. Can't remember, but someone in these forums soldered a new top to the TC-4 and can not access the channels anylonger. Those stock turbs restrict the flow on a larger pump causing more heat to be generated.

Thanks dodge, i have already did that. I am just wainting my al top, the springs and the heatercore combo:D maybe monday
Just one more question. Here in Brazil we have just al heatercore.
This rad(tanks) is made of brass or copper ?

Sorry for the dumb quetion:p

the tanks are usually brass, but tthe fins are never brass,
the coolercore isnt a chevette core, i ferget the car its from

Overbrazil, The tanks are of brass as well as the sides. The fins are brass as well but because of the nature of building the cores, solder changes the colors. The cores are of copper.

Both the D-Tek and the Chevy heater cores are nearly the same size. My Chevy heater core is 7" 1/2" tall and 6" 1/8" wide.

Last edited:
maskedgeek said:
the tanks are usually brass, but tthe fins are never brass,
the coolercore isnt a chevette core, i ferget the car its from

Are you sure? Think hard! =D

Back