• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek & The Tc-4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lumen

When is this thing gonna be in [email protected]#%#$#$:mad:
I know like 5 or 6 people that are have been waiting 4+weeks for this thing to come back on order:( Whats the deal?:confused:

surly

Registered
I believe they should stop making the spiral and commit to the TC-4. I wouldn't even mind paying around $6 more dollars for it if it was available.

OP
Lumen

Lumen

Not to mention today when I checked the site, they updated it and put a picture up. This got my hopes up, only to see that it was still out of stock.

Overbrazil

I think danny is supplying the backorders. My TC4 was shippied yerterday, with the springs. The trcking says that is in Sant Ana.
Sorry for the ignorance, but where is it ?
Near LA ?:eek:

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Overbrazil said:
I think danny is supplying the backorders. My TC4 was shippied yerterday, with the springs. The trcking says that is in Sant Ana.
Sorry for the ignorance, but where is it ?
Near LA ?:eek:
YES, just south of L.A.

SemiCycle

It is good to see some of you guys getting your TC-4 blocks. D-Tek is one of the few companies that I think deserves success in the water cooling market.

BTW, nikhsub1, did you switch out your poly top for the aluminum top?

KathodeFuZion

Registered
I would say that the TC-4's should start showing up in stock by the end of next week. It sounds like his suppliers are finally getting on the ball and manufacturing his TC-4 blocks. By the way, the bay res's should be in stock by now.

KathodeFuZion

Registered
From what I'm hearing the The TC-4 is about 3-5c better then the spiral, and the about 1-3c better then the Maze3. I havnt actually seen the numbers in person, but thats what Ive been hearing people are getting.

nikhsub1

In my system I got much better temps with the TC-4 than the spiral. This is with the springs in the TC-4. The TC-4 performed on par with the maze 3, slightly better, MAYBE 1C, very very close.

KathodeFuZion

Registered
I think that has been tried before but with the the older turbulators , not the springs. I'm not too sure about the outcome. I dont think it was noticably different running it with out the turbulators. Because if it were better, Im pretty sure Danny would be selling those.

nikhsub1

EclipseJP said:
I should get a TC4. I wonder how it would compare to my Blizzard Z4.
It should do better than the Z4, most blocks outperform it as it is and the TC-4 is one of the best performing blocks around...

nikhsub1

Overbrazil said:

Agree. Now with the springs, perhaps will se 1 or 2 degrees cooler:D
Let me clarify about the springs: With my 1048 Eheim, the TC-4 with the old turbulators did very well, this pump is low flow and low heat (10W, 158GPH). When I swapped to the 1250 with 317GPH and 28W of heat, I noticed a rise in temps - Weird. When DodgeViper removed the turbulators he reported better temps with his 1250, we both have very similar setups. I removed them too and found a good drop in temps, 2C about. I believe with higher flow pumps the stock turbulators cause some unwanted backpressure. The springs allow the water to flow almost as if the channels were bare but do cause turbulance and give more copper surface area. Don't expect a HUGE drop in temps from bare channel to springs, it is more on the order of .5 - 1C better with the springs.

surly

Registered
nikhsub1, how much do you think the temps would differ between the two with a 230gph pump cooling only the cpu and with 1/2 tubing.

nikhsub1

surly said:
nikhsub1, how much do you think the temps would differ between the two with a 230gph pump cooling only the cpu and with 1/2 tubing.
I don't know. If you have the stock turbulators in, take them out. If temps are better that way then you will do better with the springs. No 2 systems are equal, mileage will definately vary.