• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

INGlewood78

Registered
Is there a simple way to tell that you are running in dual channel mode. I have a NF7-S and have 2 sticks of ram on row 1 and 3. Thats the correct placement of the ram for dual mode, but wondering if theres a way to tell its working. Thanks!

CrashOveride

i would say check in the BIOS. are you sure thats the correct placement? i dont have and NForce 2 but i would think that it would be 1 and 2 and they would be right next to each other... might wanna double check the manual:D

Enigma422

The BIOS should say if you are running in dual channel mode or not during POST. It does on my Epox 8RDA motherboard and I have the memory in the same slots as you have on your NF7-S motherboard.

timmyqwest

Disabled
its slots 1 and 3, your not going to notice much of a change due to the fact that it's an AMD and is already running in sync with the DDR ram...

ninthebin

the only board I have seen that tells you your in Dual Channel mode is that D875PBZ, I havent seen anything on your motherboards in the reviews that indicate they do the same

[OC]This

Disabled
oh not again..... I smell someone talking down on the DC..

Please, do not ask for flamming. If I was the mod, I banned you already. Not only that, If I was right next to you, I would smack you in the head.

FrozenFears

I have the Gigabyte Sinxp1394 Mobo and on the initial load up screen if you have the Ram in slots 1/3 or 2/4 it will say Dual Channel DDR (XXXMhz) whatever you're running your ram at.

In order to check if Dual channel is working, I have to look in the "advanced chipset" menu of my bios (menu may have a diff name for you). I have to hit (ctrl+f1) when in bios to make the menu appear. If you don't have that as one of your regular bios menus you could try (ctrl-f1) but obviously not all mobos are the same so if that doesn't work check your manual and see if there is a way to make an "advanced" menu to appear.

In the advanced menu I can change my Ram timings, AGP Aperture, and enable/disable dual channel. Most mobos I know that support dual channel auto detect and utilize it if Ram is put in the right slots though.

[OC]This

Disabled
ninthebin said:
er what?

dunno quite what your going on about there but sure hope it aint about me :)
no I wasn't talking about you. You're perfectly fine.

It's that idiot "timmyqwest" asking for flame war. Damn moron he is.

SpyderMatrix

timmyqwest said:
its slots 1 and 3, your not going to notice much of a change due to the fact that it's an AMD and is already running in sync with the DDR ram...

man your just asking for your head to catch fire arnt you. Just consider watching what you say in a forum that isnt just Intel ok. I personally love AMD and not intel but i dont go around stating that either is better or ones performance is better or anything to the such and i suggest you do the same from now on