• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evile Dick

I'm making my first tentative steps into O/Cing, to hopefully make my Dual Gigabyte 686DLX + 2 x PII 300 last another year. I checd the database and it looks kije I should be able to get 450 out of them, giving me a 900 cumulative, that'll do. :)

The MOBO has a new BIOS upgrade that will let it run 600s, tho it's only a 66Mhz board, with PC 100 SDRAM.

My main issue is space, I have a nice big tower case (with 5 addtional fans, tho' the air comming out is still pretty warm), but the MOBO is soo cramped I can only seem to get OEM coolers to fit. gaaaa! The CPU slots are only about 30mm apart, so using an orb seems to be out of the question. :-(

To cut to the chase, Any ideas about I can get sufficient cooling into a confined space, so I can even see if I can get some OC action?

Maybe it's not going to be of any help. But I would suggest you to aim toward heatsinks that would let you to blow air on by the side. Plainly put, the idea would be to reserve your small, 30mm, space for effecient heatsinks; while using the headroom, that your big towercase allows you, to install morepowerfull fans that would blow air from the side (vertically that is, since I assume that those are slots).
Keep up.

Maybe it's not going to be of any help. But I would suggest you to aim toward heatsinks that would let you to blow air on by the side. Plainly put, the idea would be to reserve your small, 30mm, space for effecient heatsinks; while using the headroom, that your big towercase allows you, to install morepowerfull fans that would blow air from the side (vertically that is, since I assume that those are slots).
Keep up.

Back