• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think you would need to make one, or buy two phase change loops. making one would be the best way to go. you just run two evaporators in parallel. you might need a little experience first though. although ive never seen a phase change setup for dual cpu's with their evaporators in parallel on the smae loop, i have seen this with a cpu and vga cooler. i think it might be easier for the dual cpu setup, because you wouldnt have to tune the two evap's seperately, you could use the same length capillary tube for both.

I had this enquiry with austek(vapochill) a year or so ago, and the problem was i`d need 2 compressors/setups, i asked if they were thinking of introduceing a dual setup and was informed it was being tested out, (seems they aint got it right yet)
Now ive burnt everything that could be burnt in my pc`s over the years, and am in the process of building a dual opteron rig to replace my tired xp2400 dualie (but am trying to reduce the noise)
as its not really to used for intensive programs like cad etc:
but to run my satellite tv decodeing (wife naggs about sound at nite) and brute-forceing encryption algos, whilst useing as a pc at the same time and at the price all this lot comes in at i dont want too cook it with an experiment that (for me) useually goes wrong so was looking for a readymade jobbie hence why i asked if anys available yet, promo does 2 seperate (or did when i last looked) but the price of 2 was far too much.

yeah, i think that the benefits of a phase change system for a dual opteron setup are outweighed by the cost, and by far too. because you can only OC with the FSB, you will be severely limited by that. I guess you could go for a quad evap system, 2 for cpu's, 1 for chipset, and 1 for vga, and you could get a decent overclock like that. but i have serious doubts about making one of those as your first DIY phase change system.

also, for noise, phase change is definetly not a solution. maybe a watercooling system? it would be alot quieter. make a mini-evaporative cooler, they are kinda relaxing as far as their sound goes. only 1 fan too.

hehe, i like that. what would you need? as far as cash/parts wise. id like a dual evap at -80C, that would be cool, very cool. id like both evaps tuned the same, so when i migrate to dual processors it will work. in the meantime it would run on my barton, and my geforce. maybe tune the evaps for 85watts apiece?

i dont know how serious i am about this, but i am interested.

i doubt you want to spend that much, and i dont want to turn this thread into a captainspam thread. pm me for info on any cooling you desire, cascades can be 2 or 3 times as much as a mach 2.

Back