• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual CPU OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AUTigerUSCTrojn

Is it possible to OC Dual CPU's and/or a single CPU on a Dual CPU MB? In particular, I am thinking of OC'ing Dual PIII 1GHz/256/133/1.75V SL5FQ socket 370 CPU's on a PCChips M790MR MB. I also haven't discovered how to change the voltage settings on PCChips M754LMR and M790MR MB's to accomodate higher multipliers / bus speeds with acceptable stability.
:D

Yep,it can be done if the mobo allows it. See my sig.;)

Been overclocking dual 533 Celerons for quite a while now, on an Abit BP6. The two CPUs weren't a matched set, so one tends to perform better than the other. The bad one keeps me from getting higher than 600.

AUTigerUSCTrojn:cpu choice---

Look for one that has a bus speed of 100 instead of 133 flavor. I assume you are looking for a p3.They have more overclock head room(100 to 130?145?) Also consider dual tualatin's with powerleap? They have an advantage of being a die shrink and should overclock better. I'm waiting on my dual mobo asus p3c-d. from fleabay! I'm still pondering using dual p3 1.13ghz 100 ofcourse.
:cool:

my .o2 sense

Back