• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Monitor Color Matching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buckett

Registered
I have a Rad 9800 (OC'd to Pro) output to a Samsung 753DF (17") and an Envision EN-775e (17" w/ DVI adapter). Omega 3.9s + Hydravision.

My problem is that the default colors that the monitors produce don't match. I tried changing the monitors' color temps, but they still would not match up. I have gone into the display settings and manually adjusted the colors on the primary to come close to the secondary, but every time that I reboot or play a game (overlay) the colors reset ( this is apparently an issue with the Cat/omega drivers).

Is there anyone else with this problem?

Does anyone know of a fix?

Nope, No way you are ever gonna get em to match -- you might get close but not any better than what you have done already.
they use two different tubes in those models.

I have matched dual monitors Samsun P950's with a radeon 9500Pro and they aren't even a complete match -- close but I can still see a difference. The manufacturing dates are even pretty close to each other too.

You would probaly have better luck with matched LCD's than regular monitors.

T

Thanks for the info. Tuning the brightness on the Sammy actually helped some more.

Oh well.

THX

My GF2 MX came with 3Deep, while it's not free they do have a (30 day) trial version.

You could try that and see how close you can get them, once you know that you could buy the program or uninstall it and start messing with the settings.

linky.

Good luck

**EDIT** Just noticed that the colors reset, sorry don't know about a fix for that.

Back