• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual monitor function in 9700 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimstandard

i remember reading that in all of the ads last year when it came out but what other acessories (if any) do you need to take advantage of this nifty feature

Top Hat Theater

Just another monitor. Then, right click your desktop and select Properties. In the Settings tab, right click the square labeled 2 and choose "Attached" and make sure the box "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". Click Okay, and you're done.

~THT

stan03

don't you need an adaptor thing? how would you plug two monitors into one port?

hafa

If your card has dual monitor support, there will be two ports on it. Usally 1 dvi and 1 dsub. If there is only one port, then your card does not support dual monitors.

--edit--

I suppose the S-video port could be considered a second monitor, but who would want to use a tv for a monitor?

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
You mean DVI to VGA, right?

I've been running dualies on my 9700 Pro for about 8 months. I don't know how I lived w/o two monitors! It's great!

Oh, if you do run dualies, pick up a little program called Ultramon. It's great for running duals!