• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Monitor Setup Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ok... my primary monitor I've had for now 8+ years is failing. Its probably a cap issue but I've been wanting to get a pair of matching monitors for a while now. So let the hunt being.

But I have an issue. My desk ideally I'd like it set under the hutch, which is a concern. Its roughly 15" tall, and 16" deep so having something that fits in that space is ideal otherwise going to have 1/2 my desk space lost behind the monitors.

So what I'm looking for what it looks like is a dual monitor stand + 2 monitors that are hopefully in the 23-24" screen range with 1920x1080 screen res. Ideally a 3D capability monitor would be sweet but think that will be too pricey for me.

For a stand was looking at this one, seems good and looks like it gives me good range for height adjustment. As well not some huge base taking up a large portion of the desk as I have seen.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824995006

Though monitors im still out on some just have height dim's on it with its default stand which puts it out of my range. Curious if anyone else has a setup currently or some monitors currently that sit below the 15" requirement I have or have stands that can adjust that low with the default monitor.

For the monitors, if they could be HDMI or Display Port would be GREAT, though if DVI thats cool too. I just need to pick up some longer cables.

You want TN panels or IPS? LED backlite or CFL? SIZE?

IPS is ideal. LED backlite is ideal. Monitor size guessing 23" panels is as big as I can go but seems like 24" monitors would be pretty close to fitting as well. Really just depends on its height, and there is some Asus panels I found... that seems to leave me with 2"+ height on the desk though finding the proper info is hard :/

HDMI connection ideal as well though display port is welcomed without spending a butload of cash.
120Mhz panels would be nice (would love to do 3D) but might be priced out of my range.

Price range yet to be determined... just gotta weight the options once I see it :/ Ideally under $500 total including the stand, so roughly $400 for 2 panels.

Back