• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual monitors...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneak

i have a radeon 7500. So I hook both monitors up and everything is good until i get into windows. The one monitor is doing everything good but the other one is just flashing and it looks all messed up.

So I go and put the res and hertz down because that is what I thought it might have been.(the monitor is a pretty old one) But when I try to put everything down to lower requirements I go apply and close it. Same thing, then i go back to the a check if there is anything else I can change, then I see that the setting didnt save. What can I do to make them save?

Try downloading the latest driver updates 4 ur vid card, It's most likely a program bug. If ur brave go into the registery editor(start->run, type "regedit"), search for where the vid card registery entries are, and change them to what u want. Almost every setting for windows and it's drivers is in there.

Is the Radeon 7500 capable of two monitors? Or is it the All-in-Wonder that has this capability? I also have the Radeon 7500.

What's the good of two monitors? What can you do with them? Show two different pictures?

Garfield said:
Is the Radeon 7500 capable of two monitors? Or is it the All-in-Wonder that has this capability? I also have the Radeon 7500.

What's the good of two monitors? What can you do with them? Show two different pictures?

I'm preatty sure radeon 7500 does dual disply, It gives you more screen area, you can move ur mouse from one screen to the other.

Garfield...I have dual monitors and it makes it much much easier. I can type on the forums on my main screen and I can watch a DVD or something on the other screen. Or if I am programming or doing something important I can lay different windows about and just basically have more desktop space. It is a really nice feature to have I think.

a really good card to have for dual monitors is the matrox g450 or g550. superb for dual monitors. i have a g450 but no second monitor so i can't speak from experience but i know it would be very awesome to be able to do 2 things at once. you can even set up an extended desktop so you can basically have a two foot long desktop. what would that resolution be...2048x768? lol

jeff

How do you hook up two monitors? Would I need an adapter, or something? And after installing this software, it just has two screens, or would I need to set up something? Thanks! :D

Garfield said:
How do you hook up two monitors? Would I need an adapter, or something? And after installing this software, it just has two screens, or would I need to set up something? Thanks! :D

On the back of your card you should have the standard CRT monitor port and a DVI (digital) port. If your card didn't come with it then you'll need to find a DVI to analog (not sure exactly what its called) adapter. Then you just plug the two monitors in (one with the adapter on it) and set up the software.

It might be the display setting you have set for the card that your second monitor doesn't support. Try lowering to 800X600 16bit color. Most monitors will do that. Unless it's older than the one I'm using with my 3rd machine, and that's pretty old. the monitor actually belongs to my brother who has 5 systems only 2 monitors and he refuses to let me give it back to him...
..I wonder why? :D

Anyways basically, make sure you're running in a display setting that your second monitor can handle.

Back