• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Sound cards can it be done (Onboard Asus P4P800 and SoundBlaster CT4830 Live)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Dual Sound cards can it be done (Onboard Asus P4P800 and SoundBlaster CT4830 Live)

I want to do this becuase I want the extra inputs and outputs. I want to run 2 sub systems and I want to be able to have multiple line in devices plugged in at the same time.

I want to run the Asus P4P800 Deluxe onboard sound and the Sound Blaster Live CT4830 sound card at the same time. Can this be done.

twump

may be tricky to setup but yes dual sound cards can be done. my roomate did it a couple times.

Mr.Guvernment

i have never been able to set up onboard sound and a seprate sound card - you may have to manually assign the IRQ's for each so they dont conflict.

Dragonprince

I would think the hardest part would be to assign a certain sound card to a particular application input. You want all of the inputs so you can mix different sources in real time ? I think you have to have some serious software to be able to accept multiple inputs and mix into a single output in real time. You also may want to skip the on-board sound and find a brand of sound card with connectors that allow you to "sync" the two cards together so theres no distortion when mixing or playing back...

This is a nice setup if you have the 400 to spend....
http://www.tracertek.com/c-portdsp2000.htm

Last edited:

Quailane

Just buy the latest audigy. If it doesn't have enough inputs/outputs, you should seriously think about what you want to be doing with it.