• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual T-Birds on a K7D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Hello all,

I did a search but couldn't find the answer, So:

Can I throw a couple of mathced 1400 T-Birds on a K7D master which have the L5 bridge unlocked? I'm hoping to stair step my way into a dually by first using parts I have readily available.

Thanks in advanced,

Wedo

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
I've only seen two cases of T-Birds working on MPX boards and I believe both of those were on Asus boards.

The odds are heavily against you, but there is a very slim chance they will.

tbirdkiri

personally (being the gambler i am) i would go for it. there may be few cases of the chips working, but i assure you there are few cases of people trying.

you wouldnt have to unlock l5's cause they wouldnt hold the functions of the l5s on a palimino, so i would leave them the way they are.
in a worse case scenario, you can spend 100 bux on 2 1600s from newegg...

tbirdkiri said:
personally (being the gambler i am) i would go for it. there may be few cases of the chips working, but i assure you there are few cases of people trying.

you wouldnt have to unlock l5's cause they wouldnt hold the functions of the l5s on a palimino, so i would leave them the way they are.
in a worse case scenario, you can spend 100 bux on 2 1600s from newegg...

I just put athlon 1200s in my gigabyte MPX. They work great.
I say go for it.

OP
Wedo

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
That's good news. I have too many non-computer things going on that seems to be requiring funding so it would be great if I could save a little now then upgrade later.

Thanks for the tips,
Wedo