• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ducting materials

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


New Member
Feb 7, 2001
I'd like to run a duct from the intake fan on the bottom of my case to direct the airflow up towards the cpu. i was just wondering what i can use to make the duct out of. i thought about getting the ducting stuff you use for your dryer but its metal and I thought that it might be a bad idea with it being a conductor of electricity and all. any ideas on something else to use or is the metal ducting stuff ok to use?
You can get dryer ducting that is made of a "plastic wrap vinyl stuff". It is usually white.
It looks like someone took a spring and wraped it in palstic wrap.
ok, i got the vinyl ducting but now i'm having trouble keeping it in place. currently it's sorta taped in place with the assistance of some cardboard.....but i'm sure there has to be a better way to do this. any suggestions?
I just bought a metal duct is that no good ? it is a 3in ajustable elbow(4 way)
I plan to change my current cut up 20 oz Dr.Pepper bottle and 80 mm fan to the metal duct? please let me know cuz i was goiung to do that today Thanks in advance
The reason why I dont want to use the vynal is cuz of the aerodynamics , i think you would loose too much of it bouncing off of the sides and loosing speed defeating the purpose of the duct anyway