• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dudes, Getting yet another Dell!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribblesnort

So as you may know I won a 24" Dell U2410 LCD at the Company's Xmas party this year to go with my current 24" Dell 2408WFP.

That gave me 2 out of the 3 monitors I needed to finally implement my Eyefinity setup.

I went to Newegg yesterday and looked HARD at the monitors and decided to hold off until this morning to make my final decision and place my order.

When I went to the Egg today, the monitor I decided on, the Samsung 2443BWT, was no longer listed!

I was like "WTF?!?!?! Eh?!?!?!" (but I'm not Canadian)

So I looked around at what "was" there and decided on an HP 24" LCD with the specs I wanted:

1920x1200
Portrait Mode
DVI/Display Port
Low energy usage (45w in the case of the HP I decided to buy.)

I placed my order and everything looked okay...

I checked my order status page about half an hour later and the order I'd just made is listed as VOID

I was like "WTF?!?!?! Eh?!?!?!" (Don't worry...I'm still not Canadian)

I called the bank and spoke to a guy named "Josh" in my bank's fraud department, and asked him what's going on. He stated that the high-dollar purchase this close to Xmas probably tripped an automated fraud protect and he would remove it so I could make the purchase.

He then told me to call Newegg and tell them to process the order again and it should go through just fine.

So...I called Newegg. I speak to...wait for it...Josh, who works in Newegg's Sales Department.

I was like "WTF?!?!?! Eh?!?!?!" (I'm starting to wonder if maybe I "am" Canadian?)

Anyway, I explain what happened to cause the order to get voided out and told him they could go ahead and process the order.

He tells me that they didn't void the order because of a fraud alert, they voided it because they no longer had the monitor in stock and that the website was just a bit slow catching up due to the volume of orders thie year.

I was like "WTF?!?!?! Eh?!?!?!" (I'm starting to think a LaBatt Blue would taste mighty, mighty fine right aboot now...eh?)

So...here I am with money to spend, and I can't find someone to take it (Except maybe the hooker that lives a few units over in my apartment complex. At least that's the speculation we all have about her...)

So I broke down and gave Dell a call (*sigh*)

I ordered another Dell U2410 so I can finally get my eyefinity system ready.

Excuse me, I am overcome with the urge to go watch the Red Green Show now.

deed

That sucks that you had issues lol.

Mind pointing the hooker out to me? I could possibly find out of the rumor is true or not.