• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duke Nukem Forever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2002
Location
Calgary AB Canada
Well I've pretty much given up hope on DNF. If and when it does come out I'd be happy to play it but to save my sanity I just pretend like the game was never even announced.
 

KaHNZa

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2001
Location
West Central MN
Is there a way you can retract your preorder? I would. This game may never get released and then you are out your money. :(
 
OP
BigRed

BigRed

Caffinated Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2001
Location
Mount Vernon, WA
KaHNZa said:
Is there a way you can retract your preorder? I would. This game may never get released and then you are out your money. :(
Credit card isnt charged until the game actually ships. Im not out anything.
And since I preordered it when there was a deal going on at gamestop I get free next day shipping as well ;)
 

GT2000

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Location
Va Beach, VA, USA
Ah, DNF..Didn't nEvar (get) Finished.

I remember a very long time ago, when I first saw the game in a magazine, and was quite hyped then, and then I forgot about it...and then people keep making these blasted threads and bringing the beast back up! ;)
 

Zim2411

Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
I think I first heard about this back in '97... I think...

I asked my grandma to get it for me for christmas...
 

YellowDart

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Location
Mesa, AZ
I don't think this game will ever come out. Call me pesimistic if you will. But come on, it's had a development time of at least 5-6 years! All I'm hoping is that HL2 doesn't become the next Duke Forever... :-/
 

Zim2411

Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
YellowDart said:
I don't think this game will ever come out. Call me pesimistic if you will. But come on, it's had a development time of at least 5-6 years! All I'm hoping is that HL2 doesn't become the next Duke Forever... :-/

Shenmue had a development time of 7 years... and cost 20 million to make...

Blah.
 

Amino

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Location
Austin, Texas
Shenmue sucked. Duke Nukem Forever is going to suck too. If they haven't rewritten the entire game like 10 times to update the graphics engine to keep it up-to-date, the graphics are going to suck like nothing else.

They probably just lost all their funds or something.
 

XeRoFuN

Mr. Nerdlogic
Joined
Jun 10, 2003
Location
CA
Amino said:
Shenmue sucked. Duke Nukem Forever is going to suck too. If they haven't rewritten the entire game like 10 times to update the graphics engine to keep it up-to-date, the graphics are going to suck like nothing else.

They probably just lost all their funds or something.

Shenmue sucked?? Wow...first time I heard someone not like the game. I thought it was amazing. I played it pretty much 2 days straight and beat it. One of the best gaming experiences I've had alone.

Not sure about Duke Nukem Forever. Manhattan Project sucked and was a waste of my $20. The original Duke Nukems and 3D were cool.
 

YellowDart

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Location
Mesa, AZ
Zim2411 said:


Shenmue had a development time of 7 years... and cost 20 million to make...

Blah.

DNF is well on it's way to beating Shenmue's 7 year dev time. There haven't been any new screenies since 99! The latest news I've seen on it is that it's being pushed back to 2005 at the earliest. And by then, they'll have to recode it AGAIN to meed up w/ dx10 standards. =P It still doesn't even have a projected release date! It's living up to the "FOREVER" portion of its title! =P
 

Papier

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Location
Houston, Texas
I loved Shenmue, but they should get rid of those quick-moments thing that requires you to press a button at a certain time. I don't want to press A at the right time and beat up all the guys in the bar, I want to beat them up by using the cool moves I've learned through-out the game. Btw, way off-topic, but how's Shemue 2? Never played it. :)

I got a feeling DNF will be a good game when it actually comes out. Who knows, maybe they're taking photos of an entire city and putting it in the game. Time will tell... if we survive time itself!
 

DayUSeX

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
LOL that is toooo funny. though i woudlnt trust those dates becuase they change on a whim, they have posted about a million HL2 dates, but lets face it duke nukem forever just aint comming out.