• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dull Video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CardPin

Registered
I am having a problem on video play back I noticed it on youtube and it does the same thing to my video when I am streaming to something like twitch or just recording. When playing back or capture video the colors look good for about after about 2 seconds of play back, but then it starts to get dull colors. My machine captures all my video dull. Has anyone seen this before? Video card is Gigabyte 5600XT.

Thank you for any help in advance.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I haven't...sorry.

Have you tried updating drivers or rolling back if you are on the latest?

What troubleshooting have you done so we dont suggest the same things?

mackerel

The "after 2 seconds" part is what I find interesting. So within that first two seconds it looks as you expect it to? Does this affect different software? e.g. does it affect local media playback as well as web? Different browsers? I'm wondering if there is some adaptive processing going on, and if it happens regardless of source, then see if there are video adjustment options you can tinker with in the driver settings.

OP
CardPin

CardPin

Registered
Thanks for the responses, it effects videos on the web YouTube so uploaded, Twitch Streaming, and local content I create. I did manage to get it to go away, but I unfortunately did 2 things at once so it was one of the 2 applications causing the issues. I will list below and post an update, I am going to install one at a time and see what causes it.

- Removed LG Software On Screen Control
- Removed Radion Software Adernalin 2020 Edition

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Try a different browser or disable hardware acceleration?

AMD drivers have been a bit wonky with Navi... so if it was in fact a driver/software issue, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

CJustin

Registered
If there was a problem in hardware then it would have been pretty evident from the unworking condition of the device.
But you say that you are not getting better quality output from the hardware.

Update your hardware by installing latest drivers.
If that does not solve the issue then roll back to the last stable version of the drivers.

Either of these two methods would solve your problem.

OP
CardPin

CardPin

Registered
In my case it was the removal of LG Software On Screen Control that fixed it. I have since reinstalled the AMD Adernalin 2020 Edition software and have not had any issues. I hope that helps