• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb Newbie dual drive question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Hello!
When I got my new computer, my new hard drive was delayed about 5 days, so I built my computer using an old 12 gig drive. When I got the new drive in, I had trouble getting it to work, but eventually got it to work with XP. When I boot, I get an option to boot in win ME (old hard drive), or win XP (new WD 60 gig HD).

Here is my problem: I can not get rid of the old 12 gig drive and boot! I get a NTLDR is missing error when I try to boot without the old drive. (old drive is c:, new drive is d:) I have tried everything I can think of, setting up my new drive as Master, or Master with slave, everything I can think of. I want to set the new drive up with SATA to get rid of the bulky cable, got it to recognize the disk, but still got the NTLDR is missing error.

I know I am making an obvious, newbie mistake! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
E

Back