• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 700@1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greek_Overclocker

Registered
Can i overclock this system TO THE GIG without having my pc in danger?
AMD DURON 700
256MB 133MHZ RAM
30GB WD CAVIAR
ATI ALL IN WONDER RADEON
CREATIVE SB LIVE PLATINUM 5.1
PIONNEER 6X DVD
1 CASE FAN
ALPHA PEP66T

WHAT IS IN YOUR OPINION THE CHEAPEST MOBO TO DO IT?WHAT IS IN YOUR OPINION THE IDEAL FSB AND MULTIPLIER?

I think u should be able to hit the gig wit ur system and cooling ( this is NOT a promise). I can't see any danger in that.
I'm also near the gig, I hope when I got some good cooling as yours, I will hit the gig.
Try to get as high a FSB as possible.
I'm running at 103x9.5=978MHz

I would like to run at 9x111MHz

Hi just another ting: U don't have to make so many posts, just have a little more patience. Remember the people in here is from all over the world, so many of the are at work or at sleep right now. Don't worry u will get ur answers, just don't rush it...

First start maxing out the multiplyer. When at the top, search for a higher FSB. When reached, decrease multiplyer by 0.5, and go again for FSB top. Take the best of the 2 solutions. I assume you do both at the highest voltage available as your temps allow it.

Well, reaching that gig won't take so long, but let me tell you this. It will be that last few MHz that are sooo hard.

Succes

Back