• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 750 on a GORB... what would the temps be like (in C)??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExtremeOC

i'm gonna get a duron 750, and i have a gorb right now. i'm just wondering, what would the temps be like? it put my celery 400 at 28 max load 25idle.

Rob Cork

I'd have though 50-55C with a gorb. You clearly have good case cooling, so it'd probably be a bit below 50C, but I wouldn't expect miracles. The gorb isn't designed for socket A cpus, and a lot of people have crushed their cpu cores with the strong clip on it. With good case cooling and a good hsf like the Globalwin FOP38 or Alpha PEP66 you could get temps around 40C - I'd seriously consider getting a new hsf, cos gorbs (generally) can't cope with oc'ed AMD cpus.

BILLYBOBZOE

Registered
My TB 800 is overclocked to 1000 and it is running between 44 and 47c, using a FOP38 (very Noisy fan though I think that I can get use to it), and cheep grease. I first tried that stupid Super ORB and it ran between 47 and 55c. Without grease it ran at over 63c.
I still havent lapped the heat sink yet, and I am not sure if the artic silver will help much but I am also going to try it.

T

tweak

orbs are for rookies, get a Globalwin fop 32-1 or fop 38.
www.coolerchips.com has the fop 38 for $22 and the fop 32-1 for $18, I havnt bought anything from them yet, but their prices are good.

MartinT

With the posts that I've seen on AMD cooling, there seems to be a bit more urgency in monitoring their cpu temps. The majority of temps listed are some 10 to 15C hotter than my p3-700 o/c'ed to 900.

Thank god my gorb clone is more than I really need.