• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Decoder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlipperyToy

Hi all! howz it going?!!.
My ? is: Who/Where can I get a DVD Hardware decoder for my PC I am using the Creative's Ovation DVD-Rom.

Oh and another ?: would it be worth using Hardware decoding, or should I get a good Software Decoder, Who and what kind software decoder if I need to go that route?.

eliya

Registered
probably in a computer store??
but i really dont see any point in having a hardware decoder. even a 700mhz cpu can play dvd's without any issues in software. your choice for a program probably lies between windvd and powerdvd which are more or less the same

Maximouse

SlipperyToy said:
would it be worth using Hardware decoding, or should I get a good Software Decoder, Who and what kind software decoder if I need to go that route?.

You should PM Maxvla
He has experience one of those decoder cards and could probably answer your questions:)

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
DVD Decoder Cards are good because they help enhance image quality while at the same time decreasing CPU dependency by about 20-50%. :)