• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD quality when going through videocard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

e_storm

Hey everyone,

I have a ATI radeon 64mb DDR video card VIVO. Does anyone else use their computers to play DVD movies? If so, do you notice that the quality of the DVD suffers when you put it on your TV as opposed to the monitor? Does this have to do with the video card or is that just the way it is with playing DVDs on computers? I think I have one of the better vcard out there, so I'm thinking that just might be the way it is. Anyone know about this?

e_storm

I have the same card and my DVD movies look fine when running to a TV. Of course, they are not going to look as good as when playing through your PC monitor unless you have one of those HiRes digital TVs but look much better than playing a VHS tape and even better than normal cable TV to me.

Jon (Apr 19, 2001 01:00 p.m.):
I have the same card and my DVD movies look fine when running to a TV. Of course, they are not going to look as good as when playing through your PC monitor unless you have one of those HiRes digital TVs but look much better than playing a VHS tape and even better than normal cable TV to me.

so it is the TV resolution then. O-well, good to know. Thanks.

Back