• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd-rw and win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Well, I just upgraded to a dvd burner on a freinds computer, and the HP dvd/rw drive gets reckognised in win98se, but in w2k not only is it not showing up, but now the 52x cdrom drive ain't there either.
The comp is a BX133 Raid, 256mb pc150, 733PIII @733,4 maxtor 30g's in raid 0+1,Gforce2mx, pioneer 52x cd,SBLive!, Hollywood dvd decoder in an Inwin q500,and it DID have a dvd-cdrw combo (not dvd/r) and everything worked perfectly, so I figured the dvdrw would be a snap, I mean the hardware part took all of five minutes to do,you know, pull out old drive, put in new, same cables used, etc. But trying to figure why win2k won't play nice drives me nutz...and after this post, I'm going to the gripes n moans to vent my anger, but that's later right now I just need help to get this straight.
I realise that this technology is fairly new, but most of the members here are on the bleeding edge of the technology, and if anybody would know, it would be some of you people.
I read on hp's site that the drive has some trouble with XP's drivers and I know that XP is built on the w2k kernel, so I even tried the XP workaround...but I might have done it wrong. I sure don't want to reinstall...too much of a headache the 1st time.
Any suggestions would be apreciated, and thanks in advance:)
Doc

Back