• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Spanning Backup anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disputant

I would love to find a reliable backup utility that I could backup like 30+ gigs of data onto DVDs. What I am looking for is something that will automatically span the disks for me.

I have an application that does this with zips, but have yet to find some opinions on software for doing the same on DVDs. Does anyone here have any good experience with such software? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

OP
Disputant

Disputant

Kendan said:
I know the latest Nero can do what you want. I have noot tried backing up the main windows partition though.

Perhaps I need to take a closer look, I have a fairly recent version of the Nero DVD burning software at work. Again thanks.

Shuruga2

words of warning.
i used the latest nero to back up my main partition last week and attempted to restore from it today. two errors first a driver conflict at ~30%; second attempt found a read error at ~60%.
not necesarily neros fault, i used cheap disks <--------- DONT use cheap disks
now nero aparently doesnt provide a utility to access the data stored on the disk so that i can try to recover some of the data.
still trying to see what i can do

Kendan

Senior Punk
Yep they state clearly that if you do a disk or partition backup you can not access the image you have to restore it.

Always test your backup before you rely on it