• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DX11 problem on AMD FX cpus? Isolated to blizzard games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
seems like a draw on the psu that would otherwise give me better fps if available to the components to use)
Like the brakes on a car have nothing to do with the cooling inside, the RGB lighting using power (it's negligible first of all) has nothing to do with FPS.

You can run your system 3/4x over with a 1200W PSU wow........it wasn't a lack of power issue, that is for sure. You could have gone with a quality sub $100 PSU for this testing instead of dropping a huge wad on an 2x overkill unit. A quality 750W unit is plenty for any CPU and single GPU combination, really. :)

Last edited:
Like the brakes on a car have nothing to do with the cooling inside, the RGB lighting using power (it's negligible first of all) has nothing to do with FPS.

You can run your system 3/4x over with a 1200W PSU wow........it wasn't a lack of power issue, that is for sure. You could have gone with a quality sub $100 PSU for this testing instead of dropping a huge wad on an 2x overkill unit. A quality 750W unit is plenty for any CPU and single GPU combination, really. :)

Well, as I mentioned before -- the sub par power supply 1000w was already the last part that hadn't been swapped out. But I'll return the 1200i, it's nice to have that option. I love the detachable cables from both sides allowing you to cleanly install it, but it's the same price as my video card.
It crashed a few minutes ago.

Same lack of any information besides the error on reboot.
Running WoW, like always. I'm convinced its the software; what that exactly means I can't speculate beyond that.

Let's see if the new motherboard helps... though I get the feeling it's going to be included in the return, followed shortly by some warranty cash ins on other parts like the ramkit and the cpu. What's AMD's cpu warranty like?

You've reinstalled windows right? And will do so when you swap motherboards, yes? Windows 10?

Back